Monday, March 18, 2013

St. Patrick's recap!

Good afternoon!
Ok I am jumping in on the St. Patrick's day weekend recap! I didn't get wasted but I did eat a ton of terribly bad delicious food and had lots of champagne. I LOVE themes, but I HATE the color green on myself. I literally own 1 green item that was purchased a few years ago solely for St. Patrick's day. My weekend started with Friday night where I worked until 10 ish, so it was just bed time for me after that. I watched a 2 month old little girl that evening and she was SO adorable and SUPER sweet! I loved getting the baby cuddles.
 Saturday was an early morning for me because I had my 10k to run! I've never actually run a 10k race before. I've done a couple 5k and of course 2 halves so far. A gal in my running group wasn't able to make the 10k and gave me her entry so that's why I did it. I wasn't really sure what to expect because I am used to training for endurance and keeping it slow at first. My goal was to finish in 1:15 minutes, and it took me 1:18 minutes. I'm not a super fast runner and this route sucked!! It was at a winery kind of in a crummy part of town and so once you are in route running you go down these residential areas that are basically alllllll dirt with maybe 1 tiny house and mostly flat. There were several killer hills though. I am kicking my butt into gear for the next 5 weeks of half training with hills. Anyways, I was freaked that it would take me like 2 hours because I couldn't get motivated with that setting. I seriously felt like I was in the desert, and I didnt take my water belt so no snacks or water for me. Normally, I wouldn't even use my belt for this distance but I do find that when I use it I do better because my snacks or water at certain miles are like my mini-rewards. I was super happy when I crossed the finish line and saw my time, my app had said it took me longer than the chip did (probably because I wanted to be accurate and started it a bit before crossing the start line).
After the race I went and got ready and we headed out for lunch. I was so hangry I almost fainted. I REALLY need to get better about fueling. After lunch we hit some happy hours. We went to a bar with old original arcade games and played those, then hit about 5 other happy hours with some friends. I love happy hour, its becoming kind of a tradition for us because we can get a lot for not much money. I forgot to take pictures of what I ate haha BUT I did remember to snap a few other photos.  
Sunday we stayed in bed most of the day relaxing. We got up at 9 but stayed in bed. We ran a couple small errands and then watched "life of pi". I really liked that movie. The story was really cool and the visual effects are amazing. I kind of want to read the book now. I am back at work today and trying to get in some extra hours I hope.
Thursday morning my husband is leaving to go visit family, I didn't feel we could afford for me to take time off so I'm staying here. I was able to pick up extra hours that weekend, I don't know what the deal is but literally almost everyone I know is leaving town that same time. My mom, brother and his family, husband, and most of our friends all have something going on involving leaving! I am looking forward to knocking out this week though.
All this alone time means I will probably blog a lot!
Hope you had a great st. Patrick's day!! Happy Monday!!
Does anyone have any good book recommendations? REALLY need ideas!

Husband playing a game

Me playing the driving game

Husband and I being dorks

My usual Drink! Sophia!
 
the one food picture, husbands sushi
 


4 comments:

  1. Great job on the 10K - sounds like an awful race scene though :/ Good luck on your week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, I have been following for a while but never commented! That race time sounds great but the course sounds awful! There's always next time, right? I also get hangry after a long run, like feed me now. I need to get better about making sure I have an apple or something right away to take the edge off! Cute pictures, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that Sophia! Totally a girl after my own heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you read Safe Haven yet? I'm listening to it on CD while I drive to and from work. It's SO good! :)
    5280runningmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete