Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Tuesday

Hey everyone!
I have been totally MIA lately, had SO much going on after Friday. I'm back to business now though. First up: My 2013 goal- to complete a marathon is officially in session. I registered for the Portland Marathon for next October. Leaving plenty of time to train and plenty of time to drop those lbs beforehand. Yay!
Next, I am joining the red bikini challenge, my goal isnt a bikini but a dress I have. Losing those lbs is also on my "pre-baby bucket list" which is a personal thing I have, a bucket list of things to do before we start a family.

I also participated in an ornament swap and was paired with Kari. I got her supercute ornament on Friday! It is pictured below. It was fun to get to know another blogger!

Now, as promised I will share my sister-in-law's lentil sloppy joe recipe.

Lentil Sloppy Joe's:

  • 2 15 oz. cans lentils, drained and rinsed
  • 1 tbsp minced garlic
  • 1 1/4 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tbsp cumin
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1-2 stevia packets
  • 14 oz. tomato sauce (no salt added)
  • 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1/2 diced onion and 2 tsp oil 
To cook- use 1 cup lentils, 2 cups water. Heat to a rolling boil. Turn heat down and let simmer until water evaporates. Sautee onion and garlic in oil. Add lentils and spices, stir and add all other ingredients. Cook until thick like sloppy joes. You can play around with the spices- add more/less if you like or don't like certain flavors. These are a great healthy carb for before a long run! We still have leftovers, which makes lunches easy! Email/comment if you have any questions. Sorry, didnt take any pictures. 


Marathon registration baby!

Date night

My ornament!







No comments:

Post a Comment